What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
How did you attract/address your audience?
Who would be the audience for your media product?
What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?
How does your media product represent particular social groups?
In what ways does your media product develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
I finished filming the detective and was able to construct a complete film opening, I made modifications to my titles making the movements faster adding greater disorientation and also manipulated shots further, using reverse, speed increase/decreases, adjustments to colouration and transitions, I added the final title and adjusted the music as my piece was previously too short lasting 1:30.
we filmed someone entering a room, sitting down, conversing passing an object before leaving. this task introduced us to various camera angles and editing rules. in my preliminary task i used: long shot, mid shot, close up and extreme close up. we also experimented with editing i used: match on action, 180 rule, over the shoulder, fade out and continuity. finally we explored sound I used: diegetic sound, dialogue and music. On evaluation i would like to improve stability of the camera and quality of sound.
This is the second draft of my film opening, I worked on my footage in premiere pro putting together a complete sequence, despite not filming all my shots (I still have to film my detective and blood.) Since my first draft i have worked on image colouring (chose cinespace and subtle lighting/colour adjustments to give a unity to the shots and make transitions smooth,) timing and added music (adjusting the lengths of shots to fit with the musical beat and lyrics). I then added titles, at first i used static titles however from my research i found crime drama title sequences use childlike hand writing font and often flicker or distort adding to the mystery typically the genre, so I therefore replicated this by giving my titles motion and using ‘kindergarden’ font, i think this worked particularly well as my main character (the murder victim) is a child meaning the font ties in with my characters and opening content.